- Open the terminal on your personal computer.
- Pods use public SSH keys to authorize which machine is allowed to connect to Pods.
- Verify that you have a public SSH key on your computer by printing the key:
$ cat ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub
If you receive an error message saying that id_rsa.pub doesn’t exist, it means that your computer doesn’t have a public SSH key.
Generate one using ssh-keygen:
- Copy the public SSH key from your computer with:
$ pbcopy < ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub
- Go back to Latch, then click Account Settings > Developer Settings.
- Paste in your SSH key. Make sure that there is no extra line or space at the end of the SSH key.
Latch only authorizes access to users whose public SSH keys are added here. If you have multiple developers on the team who want to access the same Pod, it is recommended that you add their keys here. Latch supports up to 50 keys for each Pod.
- Once your Pod is created, copy the SSH endpoint command on the bottom right sidebar to your terminal. You can only SSH into a Pod if it is running.
Below are a few common errors when trying to connect to Pods via SSH access.