Personal access tokens (PATs) are an alternative to using passwords for authentication to GitHub when using the GitHub API or the command line.
How to set up your Personal Access Token
- Log into your GitHub account,create a GitHub account if you are a new user.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions provided by GitHub here to set up your PAT.
- Visit Account Settings > Developer and select “Setup an Access Token”.
- Add your GitHub username and paste the Github token.
Loading your GitHub repository when starting a Pod
If you want to have a GitHub repository automatically added to your Pod, as you are starting a new Pod, you can:
- Navigate to your GitHub repository.
- Copy the URL to the GitHub repository. For example, here we are copying https://github.com/latch-verified/bulk-rnaseq.
- Paste the GitHub URL to the GitHub section when creating a new Pod.